Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update: 07-24-10

Hello everybody. . . (all 3 of you)

I just posted my new tutorial, "Spring Rig"

Spring Rig:
In this tutorial I will show you how to rig bones using a IK Spline solver. Doing this can allow you to easily rig up capes, wires, hair, antennas and more!

Plus:
In the Rapid Share file I also included a custom UI for your quad roll-outs, as well as a custom color scheme. Both of which is help you become more familiar and comfortable while working in the *Expert Mode* in 3DS Max.

Fear Not:
I hear all the cries for full character rigging. It will be done though history tells me that my longer tutorials don't have many people that follow them. Make no mistake, that tutorial would take a very longtime to finish. I will have to break it up over a series of tutorial sets.

So until then, here is the "Spring Rig Tutorial". It's fast, fun and very easy to do. I will take a load of your shoulders with this easy trick!!!

Youtube:
Pt. 1 of 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhHg0ZD1ULQ
Pt. 2 of 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36583YqcgF4
Pt. 3 of 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0clEfFH2T8

Be sure to download the Rapid Share files for all of the videos in 1920x1080 HD and the *.max* project files. There are great extras with this package too. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

Rapid Share:
http://rapidshare.com/files/408876737/Spring_Rig_Tutorial.rar.html

no password this time

Stay tuned for more cg goodness. . .

_gawn

6 comments:

  1. Really interesting tutorial. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said before, thanks for sharing!! I used to do in a different way but your seems better!!thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for viewing Jorge. I'm pleased if my viewers are pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice tuts and very understandable.

    Greetings from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for the tutorials, really great stuff , but the files in rapidshare are off, could you please update it somewhere ? thank you again!

    ReplyDelete