Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Update: 11.23.10 + Tutorial News

Hey guys,

I know its been a while life has been kinda hectic for me recently, so I've been behind. As you may or may not know I left my position at the Emmy Award Winning Bluecadet Interactive and I've been beefing up ye ol' resume, hitting the pavement and weighing the options in front of me. It now looks as if I'll be working for the worlds premiere defense contractor Lockheed Martin. So with some stability back into my life I can start to ease back into helping you, the viewer.

With all that being said, the most common request I hear I should do a tutorial on is modeling, rigging and animating my transforming robotic parts. The problem is there there is no real way to make a tutorial on modeling unless you're speaking of specific tools. That sounds boring to me and I'd rather have a project to show you how I do it rather then go over the "basics" of modeling. So, the other night I was on the [3/ board and we were talking wallpapers and I posted my new "4 screen" wallpaper featuring some of the robots you see in my videos. Somebody mentioned that I should add some kind of weapon to the *Croney Bot's* head.

Aha!! Now I have a project I can show you, the viewer, on the exact process I go through to make this happen. So for my next "tutorial/making of" I show you how I go from concept to modeling to rigging/linking to animating.

It should be awesome for you guys to see how I achieve theses effects. It should be available with-in the next couple of days as I am already in the final stages of getting this to you. . .

ps: the 4 screen wallpaper can be found here, on my DA account.

Quad Screen Wallpaper by ~MrGAWN on deviantART
Press the "download" button for the full res image to open up. Full res size is 7680 x 1080


_gawn

No comments:

Post a Comment